Friday, May 1, 2009

Final Presentation

So there I was... After months of visiting projects, talking to people and documenting snippets of their lives in pictures, the time had come for me to present my writings to the people I had been writing about: the Bagobo-Tagabawa of Mount Apo. I was pretty nervous, as you can imagine. It was also time to let go of scribbled notes in Cebuano and just speak from the top of my head (with a trembling voice, I admit, hehe). It was nice to see all the tribal leaders gathered and a real privelege for me to present my work to them. It must be odd to see yourself in print, but the stories were well received by the leaders. If all goes well, the stories will soon be published...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Iets om nooit te vergeten wellicht!?

Respect voor die speech in local language! En je werk daar, maar dat moeten we nog eens kritisch doornemen of course!